Tuesday, February 3, 2009

my fav


drive back home, seabrook, TX

my favorite time of the day is.
.
realizing my work all day is done.
when i made myself useful in the real world.
when i succeeded in fooling like i know what i'm doing again.
and realize i'm actually beginning to know what i should be doing.
.
riding in the car,
when it's right about sunset.
and all the clouds start to scatter away,
as if to follow the last bit of sun light, before it all goes away.
.
knowing i have no homework,
that i'll just be home with the whole afternoon to myself.
that there're still two more books left to read for the Twilight saga.
that no one will tell me when to stop when i run.
.
when my roomate calls me from providence for no good reason,
as if i'm just sitting next to her to talk about her day.
and i just sit and listen,
because i'm not much of a talker on the phone.
.
thinking that tomorrow will be another full day
of working under stress and watchful eyes
and i will get all tensed up
until my favorite time of the day comes again.

1 comment:

  1. that was like...reading a poem. haha.

    i have the flu! a;lsdkfjasdjl;fkdasjf;lad
    my fever was off the hook yesterday.

    but i watched movies all day today and didn't go to work.

    ReplyDelete